The startup configuration is the configuration your Cisco Network Switch run on when they reboot or power up. The following is the procedure for updating the Startup Configuration.
- Connect the Cisco switch to your Network
- Use a Network Scanner ( for example Fing) to determine the IP address of the Cisco Switch
3. Open a Browser and enter the IP address of the Cisco Switch
4. Login in the Cisco Switch using the default
User Name = cisco
Password = cisco
5. Change the default User Name and Password . Please make note of your choice.
6. Update the Startup File
Go to Administration / File Operations.
Selected Update File
Select Startup Configuration
Select HTTP/ HTTPS
Chose the file that you have been provided with.
7. Press ‘Apply’
8. Perform an Immediate Reboot
Go to Administration
9. Wait for Reboot to complete. Done.